By Kingsley Baehr
- HIS BE THE VICTOR'S NAME
- "Having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross." - Colossians 2:15
- WHO FOUGHT THE FIGHT ALONE;
- "Then all the disciples deserted Him and fled." - Matthew 26:56
"...Jesus cried out... `My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?'" - Mark 15:34
- TRIUMPHANT SAINTS NO HONOR CLAIM--
- "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." - 1 Corinthians 15:57
- HIS CONQUEST WAS THEIR OWN.
- "In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us." - Romans 8:37
- THROUGH WEAKNESS AND DEFEAT HE WON A GLORIOUS CROWN;
- "...Christ Jesus, Who being in very nature God... made Himself nothing... as a man... humbled Himself... even to death on a cross! Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place... that... every tongue [should] confess that Jesus Christ is Lord..." - Philippians 2:5-11
- TROD ALL OUR FOES BENEATH HIS FEET BY BEING TRODDEN DOWN
- "... when this priest [Christ] had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, He sat down at the right hand of God." - Hebrews 10:12
"... sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." - Hebrews 1:13
- HE SATAN'S POWER LAID LOW.
- "Since the children have flesh and blood, He too shared in their humanity so that by His death He might destroy him who holds the power of death-- that is, the devil, and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death." -Hebrews 2:14,15
- MADE SIN, HE SIN O'ERTHREW.
- "God made Him Who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God." - 2 Corinthians 5:21
- BOWED TO THE GRAVE, DESTROYED IT SO,
- "O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?" 1 Corinthians 15:55
- AND DEATH, BY DYING, SLEW!
- "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" - John 11:25,26
- BLESS, BLESS THE CONQUEROR SLAIN,SLAIN IN HIS VICTORY!
- "Worthy is the Lamb Who was slain to receive power... and honor and glory and praise!" - Revelation 5:12
- WHO LIVED, WHO DIED, WHO LIVES AGAIN
- "I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One. I was dead; and, behold, I am alive forever and ever!" - Revelation 1:17,18
- FOR THEE, HIS CHURCH, FOR THEE!
- "Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her." - Ephesians 5:25
JESUS CHRIST WAS CRUCIFIED, BURIED, AND RESURRECTED FOR US;
Crucifiedto prove that we had really sinned.
Buriedto prove that He had really died.
Resurrectedto prove that he was really God.